- Wednesday, 07 March 2018
The objectives of the SPG&S are to:
- Co-ordinate Postgraduate academic programmes from Faculties/Schools and ensure rules and regulations relating to postgraduate studies are strictly adhered to.
- Co-ordinate the admission of postgraduate students, the conduct of postgraduate programmes including examinations and recommends to Senate awards of postgraduate certificates, diplomas and degrees.
- Negotiate for funding and co-ordinate the distribution of funds for SPG&S Grant Scheme.
- Organize and co-ordinate seminars, Inaugural and Public lecture series.
- Publish and disseminate research findings and ensure that patent and other intellectual property rights are secured where appropriate.
- Co-ordinate mailer pertaining to the welfare of postgraduate students and create a conducive environment for the conduct of graduate studies.
- Make recommendations for award of scholarships, fellowships, and assistant-ships whenever such awards are available.
- Establish and maintain linkages with like-minded institutions locally and internationally.
- Most read
- Most commented